An Introduction to the Regulation of Charities - The Legal & Regulatory Framework Explained
Charities have been in the spotlight in recent times and the landscape in which they operate is becoming increasingly complex.
There are key functions that the regulator pursues and key legal duties and issues of which everyone operating in this sector should be aware.
This live broadcast session will provide a snapshot of the scope and purpose of the Charity Commission’s regulation, the current charity sector landscape and the legal framework as it relates to charities.
It is aimed at those those in trustee positions and practitioners who are new to the charity law area.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The Commission’s legal framework and regulatory role
- The current regulatory landscape
- The legal concept of a charity
- The Commission’s functions in relation to registration of charities and compliance work
- Key trustee duties and what types of governance problems they tend to manifest
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.