An Introduction to Security & Debentures - Live at Your Desk
This 6 hour live broadcast session (split into 2 x 3 hour sessions) will help you to understand the commercial reasons why lenders take security and the different methods of taking security over assets as well as the specific concerns in relation to certain asset clauses.
A summary of the structure and main terms of a debenture together with some commonly negotiated points will be explored together with details of how you might structure a security package.
This practical live session will be a mixture of speaker-led presentations and hands-on exercises and workshops.
What You Will Learn
This introductory live and interactive online course will cover the following:
Part 1 - Reasons Behind Security
- Why take security?
- What would the position be without security?
Part 2 - Structuring a Security Package
- Considering your borrower
- Group structures
- Existing security
Part 3 - Different Methods of Taking Security
- Categorising security interests
- Charge by way of legal mortgage
- Fixed Charge
- Floating Charge
- Floating Charge and crystallisation
- Distinction between fixed and floating charges and why it matters
- Priority between holders of security over same assets
- Stages of security - creation, attachment, perfection, enforcement
Part 4 - Debenture - Clause by Clause
- Typical layout of a security document
- Structure of a debenture
- Covenant to pay
- Charging provisions
- Fixed Charges
- Qualifying floating charge
- Negative pledge
- Further assurance
- Perfection and maintenance
- Protection clauses
- Some terms and concepts to remember
Part 5 - Specific Asset Classes
- Book debts
- IP rights
Part 6 - Negotiation Points
- Lender and borrower considerations
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:30am - 12:30pm
9:30am - 12:30pm