An Introduction to Registering Charges at Companies House
If you are new to advising limited companies and their secured lenders this webinar will explain the regime for registration of charges at Companies House.
Since April 2013 registration at Companies House has not been mandatory, and failure to register is no longer a criminal offence, but the civil consequences of failure to register remain just as strict.
Knowing the rules is crucial and the categories of registrable charge are wider than ever before. The key points, and important details, are all covered.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The list of registrable charges
- Who can register
- Time limits
- Documents required - and the power to redact
- Electronic filing
- Late filing
- When errors need to be corrected (2020 case law says they don’t always); replacing documents on the public record
- Satisfaction and release of charges
- Unique reference codes, and other changes
- Company record-keeping
This webinar was recorded on 5th November 2020
at your organisation