An Introduction to Extradition Law - Understanding the Basics
Extradition is an area of law which frequently produces headlines, with cases involving the USA, such as Julian Assange (WikiLeaks) and Anne Sacoolas (hit and run at RAF Croughton) in the news.
Significant changes are also afoot with the UK set to withdraw from the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) in 2021.
- What happens after arrest and at a first instance extradition hearing?
- What issues can you raise to challenge extradition?
- How long does the extradition process take and what is the chance of successfully contesting extradition?
- Can you appeal an adverse extradition decision?
- What’s going to happen to EAW cases in 2021?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The fundamentals of extradition law
- Practice and procedure at first instance tribunal hearings, including arrest and initial hearing
- The basics of appealing an extradition decision
- Issues that are commonly raised in extradition proceedings, including human rights challenges and bars under the Extradition Act 2003
- Hot topics including about extradition with the EU post Brexit
This webinar was recorded on 8th February 2021
at your organisation