An Introduction to Disclosure for Private Company Acquisitions
If you are a junior solicitor, trainee, paralegal or apprentice new to advising on any form of corporate transaction, then this session is for you.
This virtual classroom session will ensure you understand the fundamental legal concepts underpinning the disclosure process, together with practical advice on how to approach negotiations of both parts of the disclosure letter.
What You Will Learn
This interactive online session will cover the following:
- Warranties and disclosures - how they operate
- Suggested timing for disclosure
- The seller's approach to drafting the disclosure letter
- The buyer's approach to reviewing the disclosure letter
- The contents of the disclosure letter:
- General disclosures (and a practical exercise amending the general disclosures)
- Specific disclosures (and a practical exercise considering specific disclosures)
- Disclosure bundle (and best practice advice on how to finalise and agree this bundle)
- The appropriate standard for disclosure (including case law surrounding the meaning of the words 'fair')
- Consequences for failure to disclose an issue/ways to ensure the seller understands why they must treat disclosure seriously
- Requirement to warrant the contents of the disclosure letter?
- Q and A
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.