An Introduction to Deprivation of Liberty in Scotland
This new webinar will assess Scotland’s compliance in respect of the European Convention on Human Rights (‘ECHR’) and United Nations Convention on Persons with Disabilities (‘UNCRPD’) regarding the current law on deprivation of liberty.
It will consider in what context a person is found to be deprived of their liberty and the legal consequences that follow. The webinar will look at the English and Welsh deprivation of liberty scheme and compare it to the legal position in Scotland.
The webinar is aimed at practitioners dealing with mental health, adult incapacity and private client affairs.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The legal definition of a deprivation of liberty (‘DOL’)
- The legal and procedural safeguards required for a DOL to be compliant with ECHR and UNCRPD
- A summary of the DOLs scheme in England and Wales
- The current position in Scotland
- Jurisprudence from the European Court of Human Rights
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 15th December 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation