An Introduction to Agricultural Law - Live with Sarah Denney-Richards
This live broadcast, split over two sessions, will provide delegates with an overview of the different areas of agricultural law, from agricultural occupation to the Basic Payment Scheme.
It is suitable for anyone looking to practice agricultural law, either exclusively or alongside other areas of law.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
Part 1 - An introduction to ‘agriculture’ and the foundations of rural occupation
- An introduction to ‘agriculture’ and the changing nature of farming in the UK following Brexit
- Methods of identifying agricultural occupation and an overview of the different statutory schemes, including:
- Grazing licences and what to do with ‘horses’
- An introduction to the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986
- Farm Business Tenancies and an overview of the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995
- Examining financial support for farmers - now and in the future
- The Basic Payment Scheme explained
- An introduction to the Agricultural Bill 2020
- Environmental Land Management - the future!
Part 2 - An introduction to farming family businesses and succession
- An introduction to family farming partnerships:
- Why are family farming partnerships different?
- The main drivers in the business
- Capital and partnership property (Ham v Ham and Wild v Wild)
- Exiting the business
- Succession planning for tenanted land:
- An introduction to tenancy succession under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986
- Tenancy reform proposals
- Agricultural Property Relief - understanding the basics
- Planning for family and business succession
- The basics of Agricultural Property Relief
- Where Business Property Relief can assist
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
2:00pm - 4:00pm
2:00pm - 4:00pm