5 Common Conveyancing Assumptions Clients Make - Live at Your Desk
Clients often make wrong assumptions and think everything is risk free.
Conveyancers assume they have covered it in their reports, but the message doesn’t get through. The result is complaints and claims.
This virtual classroom seminar will take a detailed look into 5 common assumptions in conveyancing and how you can clear these assumptions up with your clients.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Boundaries - the Land Registry red line doesn’t show your legal boundary:
- Deeds, plans, features and history - plus how to explain this to the client and prevent negligence
- Road adoption on new estates - they may never be adopted
- Failed road adoptions are at epidemic levels with some well-known house builders intentionally not completing the procedure. Why is this - What are the risks to your client and what should you warn clients about
- What title insurance doesn’t do, and what the client needs to realise
- How to comply with your new obligations under the Insurance Directive, when it is and is not a good idea, what to look out for in policies and what to tell the client
- Environmental searches and ‘false negatives’
- Many horribly contaminated sites will get a ‘pass’ on an environmental search! What they do and do not tell you, what to tell clients, and what to look for
- Stamp Duty Land Tax - 40% of SDLT returns are wrong
- PI insurers are worried about SDLT becoming the new PPI scandal. What are the 5 key mistakes made in this most complex of taxes and why relying on a disclaimer will not work. How to spot issues and ensure the right tax is paid.
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.