Dismissing An Employee for Behaviour Outside the Workplace - Your Questions Answered
Organisations typically have strict rules about what is acceptable behaviour in the workplace, however, what happens if the employee does something outside of the workplace, and outside of working time?
If an employee posts something on social media which their employer finds offensive, can the employer dismiss?
If an employee gets involved in a protest march that turns into a riot, can the employer take action?
In this webinar we look at the impact of behaviour outside the workplace, and what action the employer can take.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The Fundamentals: A Fair Dismissal
- A fair reason
- A fair procedure
- Dismissal for Behaviour Outside the Workplace
- Some other substantial reason
- ‘Bringing the Company into Disrepute’
- What does this mean?
- Specific issues relating to social media
- Tricky Issues
- Police involvement
- Policies and Procedures
- Being clear to employees about what is allowed, and not allowed
This webinar was recorded on 22nd September 2021
at your organisation