Group Litigation - Strategy & Costs Pitfalls with Hugh Preston KC
This webinar addresses the alternative case management options for managing group litigation, and in particular the costs implications for individual claimants of adopting each option.
The principles discussed are of general application but are of particular relevance where there is uncertainty as to whether a GLO is necessarily appropriate in personal injury and/or consumer law claims, and where the competing advantages and disadvantages of a GLO need to be very carefully considered.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- When is it in a claimant’s interests to join a GLO?
- What are the potential disadvantages of joining a GLO?
- What are the costs implications of joining a GLO?
- When might a successful claimant’s damages be eroded or even extinguished as consequence of joining a GLO?
- What are the alternatives to a GLO and when are they appropriate?
- What is co-ordinated case management and when is this appropriate?
This webinar was recorded on 7th July 2021
at your organisation