The Scottish Law Society Accounts Rules - Live Broadcast
With problem areas and potential risks to avoid including fraud, this live broadcast session is aimed at legal staff and cashroom managers and will provide a review of the Scottish Law Society Accounts Rules.
The broadcast will consider how to deal with residual balances, slab outlays and 'messy' books; including shortages in client accounts.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A review of the Law Society Accounts Rules and how they apply in practice
- Problem areas & potential risks
- Firm's financial position
- Correct record keeping
- Messy books - shortage in clients' account
- Bank reconciliations
- Invested funds
- Law Society Certificate
- Dealing with residual balances
- Slab outlays
- Internet banking
- Fraudsters gaining access to your client account
- Are your staff trained?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.