Insolvency & Residential Property Transactions - The Key Issues
This virtual classroom seminar will consider the issues which commonly arise in relation to residential property comprised in a bankruptcy estate.
It will also consider the position where a landlord or a tenant of residential property becomes insolvent and consider how the insolvency of one party might affects a residential property transaction.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Special provisions relating to the family home in bankruptcy - ‘use it or lose it’
- Applications by the Trustee in Bankruptcy for possession and sale of residential property
- Common defences to possession and sale applications
- Council tax in bankruptcy
- Rights and remedies of the landlord against an insolvent tenant of residential property
- Issues which may arise where the landlord of residential property becomes insolvent
- Position of the buyer where the seller of residential property becomes insolvent
- Position of the seller where the buyer of residential property becomes insolvent
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.