Validity of Electronic Signatures - A 1 Hour Update with Keith Markham
The law on electronic signatures is set out in the common law, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and in Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 (the eIDAS Regulation).
Guidance has been provided by the Law Society and the Law Commission and a further report from the Industry Working Group is awaited.
This learn live session will review the content of the existing law, will summarise the relevant guidance and will examine the changes that have been made to signature and witnessing requirements.
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Preview of guidance and reports produced by the Law Society and the Law Commission
- Summary of different types of electronic signatures
- Analysis of relevant case law concerning the usage of electronic signatures
- Admissibility of electronic signatures under ss7-8 of the Electronic Communications Act 2000
- Definition and effect of ‘electronic signatures’ under the eIDAS Regulation
- Enforceability of e-mailed invoices
- Changes in respect of HM Land Registry rules
- Alterations to the rules on signing and witnessing wills
- Practical steps to consider
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Added to basket
Learn Live | 28.11.2023
N/A | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Validity of Electronic Signatures - A 1 Hour Update with Keith MarkhamCheckout