The GDPR - A Guide to Compliance for DPOs & COLPS
On the 25 May 2018 the GDPR came into force. The new Data Protection Act 2018 was also introduced, running alongside the GDPR. It was a time for change in the data protection world with this being the first update for twenty years.
Most of us tried to get as much as possible in place for the 25 May 2018, but what has happened over the last few years?
Over recent months we have seen many changes in how our firms work with lots of people now working remotely, and this has a big effect on what happens with the data we process.
This live broadcast session will take us back two years to review what we should have had in place with the introduction of the GDPR and what is still ‘work in progress’ for us now.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Reminder of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Principles - what’s out and what’s in
- Accountability - what does that mean?
- Data Protection Officer or not - do you need one?
- Data Impact Assessments
- Compliance and the reporting of breaches
- Records that you need to keep
- Data subject rights - enhanced rights including subject access requests
- The most common breaches that happen in your business - how to prevent them
- The costs of getting it wrong
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.