The Debt Respite Scheme & Breathing Space Regulations
This webinar will discuss the implementation of the breathing space regulations which will provide legal protection from creditors in certain situations.
There are two different options available through the scheme:
A standard breathing space order which is available to anyone with problem debt and provides legal protection from creditor action for up to 60 days.
A mental health crisis breathing space order which is available to someone who is receiving mental health crisis treatment and provides protection throughout the person's mental health crisis treatment, plus 30 days.
Implementation of the policy will begin on 4 May 2021.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Introduction to the Breathing Space Regulations
- Conditions for eligibility for breathing space
- Application to unsecured lending
- Front-loaded interest accounts
- Application to secured lending
- Capitalised mortgage arrears
- Relationship between the Breathing Space Regulations and existing financial regulation
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 4th May 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation