The Commercial Agents Regulations - Key Provisions & Caselaw
The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 supplement the common law rules on agency in the context of the supply of goods. The Regulations set out a series of additional rights and duties which are particularly beneficial to agents and place a series of more onerous duties on principals.
This webinar sets out a succinct summary of the key provisions together with an overview of recent caselaw as well as some practical suggestions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Application of the Regulations post Brexit
- Meaning of ‘commercial agent’
- Meaning of ‘goods’ - opinion of the ECJ in Software Incubator v Computer Associates
- Key rights and duties of commercial agents
- Key obligations of principals
- Payment on termination - key considerations
- Calculation of compensation payments - guidance from recent caselaw
- Termination clauses
This webinar was recorded on 25th August 2022
at your organisation