Tax Valuations of Shares & Assets - Key Issues
This live broadcast session is designed for practitioners who deal with tax valuations and who are involved with negotiating with HMRC.
The session will revolve around actual valuations that the speaker has been involved in and it aims to demystify the decisions in the numerous decided cases and the key issues involved in many tax valuations.
You will be provided with a sound understanding of the valuation bases applied in tax situations, the pitfalls and traps for the unwary and, most importantly of all; it will assist in securing the best possible deal for your client.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Legislation, case law, and issues common to all tax valuations including:
- The relevance of personal rights and restrictions
- Information standards
- Capitalisation multiples
- The discount
- Outline of most commonly used tax valuation methodologies:
- Dividend yield
- Rules of thumb
- Dealing with SAV - negotiations, PTVCs and other HMRC valuation services
- CGT valuations
- Valuation of separate assets
- Exceptions to the general rule - aggregation of holdings and s274. Pros and cons for taxpayers
- Goodwill and recent goodwill cases - Spring Capital
- IHT valuations
- Related property
- Loss to estate
- 'Mackie' principle
- Employment income valuations
- Values on the way in:
- Actual and unrestricted value
- Growth shares
- EMI Option values
- Values on the way out:
- Chapter 3D Part 7 ITEPA charge
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.