Tax Relief for Charity Donations - A Comprehensive Guide - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom session is designed for accountants and solicitors who act for either charities or potential donors and for in-house charity professionals. It will explain the different tax reliefs available to donors, what is required to qualify for the reliefs, how they interact and the legislation to prevent abuse.
It will also sharpen your awareness on the scope and limitations of charitable status, the need for clear drafting and the equal need for clear thinking.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Relief from income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Gifts by individuals, companies and partnerships
- Gift Aid, payroll giving and gifts of securities and property
- Legacies, will trusts and deeds of variation
- Use of charitable trusts and foundations
- Benefits in return for donations
- Sponsorship and supporter schemes offered by charities
- Loss of tax relief for tainted donations
- Preferences for named beneficiaries
- Relevant statute and case law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.