Share Plans & Incentives - The Impact of Employees Leaving Employment
An employee share plan is in place, performance targets are set, and awards have been made.
But what happens if the employee leaves?
Depending on the plan, the issues can be complex and, if not identified and dealt with, can have an adverse impact on both the employer and the employee.
This new virtual classroom seminar will examine the tax, legal and practical issues that typically arise when there are subsisting awards and a participant leaves employment.
It covers both UK tax-advantaged and non-tax advantaged plans in private and listed companies and is aimed at any professional adviser who acts for clients:
- Who have a participant leaving their employment
- Who are considering implementing share plans
- Who already have share plans
- Who have an acquisition strategy that may involve companies with share plans
This session will also be relevant to company secretaries, benefits managers, and in-house practitioners responsible for the implementation or day to day running and management of share plans.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Ascertaining the leaving employee’s entitlement under various plans
- Tax and NIC implications
- The impact of performance conditions
- Factors to consider when exercising discretion:
- Implied contractual obligations
- Institutional investor guidelines
- Directors’ fiduciary duties
- Sourcing the shares
- Administrative and reporting obligations
- Private companies and the problem of former employee shareholders
- Share incentives as part of a wider settlement on termination
- Finding a workable approach
- Coming back to the start - how the impact of leavers can be lessened through smart design at the outset
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.