Restrictive Covenants on Land - A Masterclass Live at Your Desk
This live broadcast session is designed as an in-depth guide to restrictive covenants on land, from creation to discharge.
It will address the practical issues which arise in relation to the enforcement of covenants, the interpretation of covenants, when covenants will lapse or be extinguished, and how they can be modified or discharged by an application to the Lands Tribunal.
What You Will Learn
- What is a restrictive covenant, why do they exist and how are they used?
- Creation of covenants - Formalities, Parties and Building schemes
- The Burden of the covenant
- The Benefit of the covenant; Annexation/Classification/Assignment
- Interpretation of covenants - Who, what, where and how?
- Lapsed covenants - Covenants whose time has passed
- Extinguishing covenants; Release, Acquiescence in breaches, change of character, merger of titles
- Discharge and modification by the Lands Tribunal - Statutory grounds and procedure
- Remedies - Damages/Injunctions/ Damages in lieu/Declarations - positive and negative
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.