Pick Up the Phone! Client Service & Sales Opportunities for Professionals in the Digital Age
Emails, texts, instant messaging, social media…...
The list of digital communication methods grows each day. They offer speed and convenience. But it is hard to form a strong business relationship without real-time interaction.
Whilst face-to-face meetings are difficult to organise during the COVID-19 restrictions, the telephone remains a powerful tool to accelerate the creation of productive relationships and the delivery of great client service. Yet many - especially those in younger generations - avoid telephone calls or miss important opportunities during phone conversations.
This virtual classroom session provides the tools, techniques and confidence to turn the telephone into a valuable business and selling tool.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
Creating Rapport and Trust
- Developing relationships on the telephone
- Ideal structure of a call
- Telephone selling myths and basic selling skills
- Telephone call etiquette
Managing Inbound Calls
- Enquiry handling processes
- Who should take the calls?
- Information systems and CRMs
- Measuring conversion rates
- Empathy - adopting the caller’s perspective
- Tune into the caller - adaptability and showing interest
- It’s not always about price
- Deliver a great experience and service
- Follow up
Plan Outbound Calls
- Targeting and research
- Avoid cold calling - use an integrated campaign
- Telephone calls as part of the service
- Prepare to call
- Key messages
- Make the call
- Introductions, empathy and rapport
- Questions, active listening and silence
- Add value at every interaction
- Persuade and generate commitment
- Follow up the call
Summary and action planning
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.