Intestacies - An Introduction to Avoiding Problems & Pitfalls
Not everyone gets around to making a will - there are over 100,000 intestacies that result in a grant application each year.
Whilst you may be familiar with administering wills, are you aware of the potential pitfalls with intestacies?
- How do you deal with assets prior to the grant?
- Who should take out the grant?
- What is the spouse entitled to?
- How do you deal with the family home?
- How do you prove entitlement?
- What do you do if there are foreign assets?
- Intestacy and unexpected IHT bills - can anything be done?
- What are the options to find beneficiaries?
- How do you deal with bona vacantia and ex gratia payments
This new virtual classroom seminar will examine the problems and pitfalls of intestacies and is recommended for private client practitioners who are new to intestacies or who would benefit from a refresher.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Problems encountered by practitioners
- Who inherits what under the intestacy rules?
- Tracing beneficiaries and being certain they are beneficiaries
- Protecting your client
- Bona vacantia procedure
- The dangers of historic unadministered intestacies
- Recent case law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.