Insolvency & Employment - What are the Rights of Employees?
This new virtual classroom seminar will review current case law and topics of interest in relation to the rights of employees on insolvency of their employer.
The session is suitable for insolvency lawyers, insolvency practitioners and employment lawyers working in England and Wales.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- When/in respect of what sums is an employee entitled to be paid as an expense of the insolvency process in priority to other creditors?
- When is an officeholder taken to have adopted a contract of employment? Latest case law
- TUPE and pre-pack administration
- Void transfer of business post-petition - do employee obligations still transfer to the buyer under TUPE?
- Protective awards - obligation to consult in relation to redundancies. Can insolvency be a ‘special circumstance’ meaning that an employer need not consult?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.