Food Safety & Hygiene Enforcement Actions - Top Tips & Tactics for Advising Clients
Food law is legally and technically complex. The consequences of a prosecution can be devastating, financially and reputationally, particularly in the present climate.
This introductory level webinar will consider strategy and tactics for protecting and advising clients facing food safety and hygiene enforcement action, from the investigation stage through to prosecution and potentially sentence.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A brief reminder of the legislation
- Strategy and tips for advising clients being investigated
- Interviews under caution
- Preparing for trial: assessing potential defences; expert evidence
- Preparing for sentencing hearings: basis of plea; plea in mitigation; expert and financial evidence; ancillary orders; POCA
- Challenging enforcement notices
This webinar was recorded on 3rd September 2020