European Succession Regulation Post Brexit - Current Issues for Private Client Practitioners
After the UK has left the EU, UK residents can still be impacted by the Succession Regulation, known as Brussels IV.
This new virtual classroom seminar will highlight the points that private client advisors need to know about the regulation, and its application post Brexit.
It will also draw attention to the best practice questions to ask and the appropriate solutions.
The session is aimed at those who have a knowledge of and practice in wills and probate space.
It is suitable for British and European lawyers who want to understand the process for dealing with wills and the European Succession Regulation in an English Law context.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Does the client have links to a European country?
- Does the client own property in the European Union?
- Was the deceased resident in the European Union?
- What needs to be considered and addressed when looking at their wills?
- How will wills from European countries be dealt with under English Law after Brexit?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.