DBS Decision Making - Navigating the Framework & Challenging Determinations
This webinar is designed to familiarise you with the framework in which the DBS makes disclosure decisions on enhanced DBS certificates (EDBS) and will also cover DBS barring decisions.
An overview of the legislation will be provided, together with developments in case law related to challenging the decision-making process and the role of the independent monitor. Practical guidance on challenging DBS determinations will be provided as well as tactical considerations.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- EDBS checks - test for disclosure
- Proportionality - public interest v Article 8 right to privacy & factors to consider
- Procedure for challenging decisions at different stages
- Relevant case law
- Tactical considerations
- DBS barring framework: adults/children barred list
- Different routes to barring
- Challenges to barring decisions
- Practical points on appeals
This webinar was recorded on 11th September 2023
at your organisation