Certificate in Elderly & Vulnerable Adult Client Practice - Live Online with Caroline Bielanska
This new virtual classroom seminar is designed to bring delegates up to a basic level of competence in elderly client work.
It is suitable for newly qualified lawyers, trainees and paralegals and practitioners in any field wishing to change specialisms as it assumes no knowledge at the outset.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and its approach to the assessment of a person’s mental capacity
- How to form an opinion as to a person’s capacity to make a will
- How to draft Lasting Powers of Attorney
- The role of the Court of Protection and appointment of a deputy
- How to advise clients about gifts to avoid care fees
- When the NHS and Local Authority provide for people with health and care needs, including means testing
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.