Business Writing Skills - How to Sharpen Up Your Style
There is a presumption in business that the first draft of everything is 20% too long at least.
We all pick up odd writing habits, sometimes from academic textbooks, sometimes from our supervisors at work. Verbose writing may lead to lost messages, misunderstandings and lost work opportunities.
This virtual classroom seminar will help you learn how to edit out superfluous words and generally sharpen up your writing style.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The nine different structures for business documents
- How to use readability tools like the Fog Index
- Best practice for sentence and paragraph length
- Active and passive voice
- Choosing the clearest vocabulary
- Using base verbs to make impact in your writing
- Page presentation and visual aids
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.