An Introduction to Data Protection & Privacy in M&A Transactions - Live at Your Desk
Since the implementation of GDPR, there has been much discussion with regards to the practical requirements of assessing data privacy in the context of merger and acquisition transactions. Often privacy is not understood within the complex framework of risk and timings that form transactional work.
This virtual classroom session will be a transactions focused session covering all you need to know in this area. The session will explore the weight to attach to privacy, cyber and data protection issues within the wider context of pricing and assessing multiple risks in the context of deals for delegates in the UK and Europe.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast session cover the following:
- GDPR in the context of the art of the deal
- Consideration for data rooms
- Asset versus share purchases
- Core due diligence areas to focus on
- GDPR compliance audits
- Outsourcing contracts
- Data breaches
- Policies and compliance
- Marketing and cookies
- Overseas data transfers
- Data Security and cyber assessments
- How to assess and quantify the risks attaching to the above areas in a pragmatic way
- Warranties and Indemnities
- Considerations for drafting
- Practical limitations of coverage
- Views of the underwriters
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.