An Introduction to Change Orders & Variation Requests in Construction Contracts
Variations to works occur under most construction contracts and these changes can affect price, cause delay and generate disputes.
This introductory level webinar will enable delegates to recognise changes and variations, their effect and significance and administer changes properly and effectively.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a change or variation?
- What can and cannot be instructed?
- The procedure for instructing and requesting and confirming changes
- Penalties for non-compliance with instructions
- When is there a right of objection or refusal?
- The difference between Design & Build and traditional contracts
- Variations and timing
- Variations and valuation
- Liquidated damages and loss and expense
This webinar was recorded on 5th March 2019