An Insight into the SRA Accounts Rules for SQE Candidates
Candidates sitting the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) will be required to have a knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules.
This webinar, updated for 2023, introduces students to this topic with an explanation of the regulatory requirements and the ethical behaviours that underpin them. This knowledge supports preparations for the SQE assessment and is also essential information connected with the practice of law in the workplace.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority and why there is a regulatory interest in the holding of client money
- SRA Standards & Regulations - regulatory standards connected with this topic
- SRA Accounts Rules - an overview, key requirements, common misunderstandings
- Breaches of the SRA Accounts Rules
- Consequences of acting unethically
Each topic will be discussed with an emphasis on the practical application of knowledge to common scenarios which lawyers encounter in the workplace, such as:
- What is client money?
- Acting on client instructions
- Can I say no to unethical instructions?
- What is a banking service?
- Fees and other monies - where should they be banked?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 31st March 2023 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation