A Practical Guide to Commercial Arbitration - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom session is designed for general commercial litigators who wish to develop a specialism in this growing area.
The live online session will provide you with practical and tactical perspectives on handling commercial arbitrations, focusing on the issues and opportunities which arise from the relative informality of arbitration processes. It will also identify the essential legal issues that parties need to be aware of.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following topics:
- When to Arbitrate
- Contractual arbitration clauses
- Why arbitration over court litigation for your client
- How to Arbitrate
- Administered and ad hoc arbitrations in practice
- A detailed guide to the arbitration process
- Tactical issues at each stage of the arbitration process
- What happens at the arbitration hearing
- International dimensions - dealing with foreign domiciled clients and arbitrations abroad
- Funding Issues
- Funding of arbitrations, including the role of damages-based agreements
- Costs awards - protecting your client
- The Role of the Courts
- Dealing with appeals
- Enforcement of arbitration awards
- Anti-arbitration injunctions
- An update on recent cases
- Hot Topics
- Recent developments on issues such as the role of litigation funders, the use of emergency arbitration powers and limitation of disclosure
- Case Study
- There will be a case study under the ICC Rules of Arbitration 2015 which will involve consideration of the issues covered in the seminar
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.