A Guide to Cohabitation in Scotland - Live at Your Desk
When a cohabiting couple's relationship breaks down, there are many potential pitfalls to consider.
This new course is aimed at family and conveyancing lawyers who advise on financial and property matters in Scotland.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A review of the up to date case law on claims under the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006, including Gow v Grant and M v S
- Consideration of occupancy rights
- A detailed look at matters to consider when drafting cohabitation agreements, including whether such agreements fall under the ‘fair and reasonable’ test
- Domicile and jurisdictional issues
- Tax issues which may arise, particularly in relation to the purchase of additional properties
- Actions for division and sale and actions for unjustified enrichment
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.