Compliance Officer for Finance & Administration (COFA) in Law Firms - Live with Peter Warner
The key position of the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) is vital in ensuring that the firm meets its regulatory obligations and compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules. The COFA role also carries personal liability. How can the COFA best tackle their duties?
- What are the risks and responsibilities?
- What does the COFA have to do in practice?
- Can the COFA face personal liability?
This new live broadcast session will cover the regulatory obligations of the firm, individuals within the firm and the key role of the COFA.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Background to the role of the COFA
- The SRA Standards and Regulations
- The SRA guide to the COFA responsibilities, record keeping and reporting concerns
- Review of SRA Guidance on compliance
- Codes of Conduct - for Firms and Individuals
- Business Management - Compliance and Business systems
- Cooperation and accountability - You and Your Regulator
- Developing Compliance plans
- Assessing risk and preparing a Risk Register
- SRA Accounts Rules - 25.11.19
- Potential Liability for the COFA
- Summary and questions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.