Employee Monitoring - The Key Issues
The increasing use of electronic gadgets and materials means that there is an increasing opportunity to monitor what employees are doing. This could mean monitoring their email activity, their internet usage, their social media accounts or even monitoring more widely.
What can you do? What can you monitor? What does the employee need to know that you are doing and what, if anything, can you do covertly?
This webinar seeks to answer those questions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Data protection legislation
- Data protection
- Human rights
- Other legislation to note
- Monitoring of communications
- Email usage
- Use of personal devices
- What can be monitored
- Issues to think about
- Social media
- Monitoring of personal social media accounts
- Disciplinary sanctions
- Defining ‘bringing the company into disrepute’
- Wider monitoring
- Drug and alcohol usage
- When the harasser might also be liable
This webinar was recorded on 11th July 2018
at your organisation