Copyright Law & Practice - Building Upon the Basics
Copyright is the most ubiquitous of intellectual property rights, potentially relevant across manufacturing, retail, and service industries both on - and offline.
But outside the purely creative industries, whose lifeblood it is, the details of the law are less well understood, leading businesses to make unforced errors in their dealings with their own and third parties' rights.
This new live broadcast seminar will look at the value copyright represents in practice and how it can be captured and exploited.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Establishing copyright - qualifying authors and works
- Copyright presumptions and exceptions
- Works of artistic craftsmanship
- Assigning and licensing copyright - chain of title issues
- The role of collecting societies
- Copyright as a form of security
- Orphan and out-of-commerce works
- Key considerations in an infringement claim
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.