An Introduction to Construction & Development Project Management
This virtual classroom seminar will consider all stages of the development of buildings in the UK from initial client ideas through to operation and maintenance.
We will look at the common reasons for project failure and how to turn them into project success factors. We will also look at project management skills required to manage construction projects so that you understand what best practice is.
The session will summarise key legislation including building regulations, sustainability, environmental laws and health and safety and review the main forms of construction contracts used in the industry.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A summary of the UK development and construction project lifecycle
- How to identify best or poor project management practice
- An understanding of who does what in the development and construction project lifecycle
- How legislation guides the project management process in construction and development
- Common project management tools, processes and procedures such as programmes, governance structures and risk registers
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.