Leadership in a Crisis - How to Avoid ‘Knee-Jerk’ Reactions
Many organisations, especially professional practices, can sometimes run their business in survival mode.
Then a crisis happens, and a breeding ground is created for ‘knee-jerk’ reactions including erratic decision making, thus flattening the effectiveness of leaders/employees to deal with the crisis.
This webinar will equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop your leadership abilities in a crisis situation. The main purpose of the webinar is for you to find out how to lead when a crisis happens to ensure that you are able to have a sustainable business fit for today’s business landscape.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The three stages of a crisis to be prepared before, during and after
- The value of culture for crisis management
- The use crisis management models to improve contingency and responses during a crisis
- How to pivot a vision and convert that into an action plan for the current situation as it evolves
- The four key leadership behaviours and good habits to lead in a crisis
- Increase your influential communication skills for leading unprecedented change
- How to recognize the impact of change on leaders and employees and to communicate and act accordingly
- How to prepare a leadership action plan to implement what you have learnt to succeed as a leader in today’s environment going forward
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 25th November 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.