Outside ‘The Family’ - A Guide to Conflicts, Rewards & Success for Your Family Business Clients
Family businesses are renowned for the difficulty that non-family members face.
This live broadcast session will explore the particular issues faced by family businesses and the resultant challenges faced by the non-family manager.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Should non-family managers have an equity stake?
- How do you avoid what seems to be an almost inevitable ‘fall out’ over the conflicting interest with the family
- In what circumstances should non family managers be recruited
- Understand the dynamics in a family business and the tensions that naturally arise between ownership, management and working in the business
- Reward mechanisms
- Equity ownership
- Alternatives to and need for equity ownership
- The role of option arrangements
- Appraisal and recruitment processes
- The family constitution and its relevance to non-family managers
- Methodologies for resolving conflict
- Tax issues
- Service agreements
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.