Pre-Contract Leasehold & Freehold Management Enquiries
Pre-contract enquiries are a vital component of leasehold (and some freehold) transactions.
This course will include case studies and is designed to provide a practical overview of the issues that arise when advising a client on the Leasehold Information form, the new Freehold Management Enquiries form (FME1) and the Leasehold Properties Enquiries form (LPE1).
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The FME1 and rentcharges
- Enquiries regarding maintenance and repair
- Matters relating to collateral documents, such as licence to assign and deeds of covenant
- Pitfalls related to unauthorised alterations or additions
- Service charge issues, such as reserve funds, section 20 notices, outstanding consultation procedures, the accounts
- Buildings insurance policies and fire risk assessments
- Disputes, forfeiture and enfranchisement
- Uniformity of leases in the block
- Management company documentation and dissolution of management company
- Employment of managing agents
- Fire safety assessments
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme