A Guide to Subject Access Requests
Subject access requests can feel like a procedurally daunting compliance burden. This course will consider in a highly practical way, how to approach particular subject access requests as well as formulating a policy approach for your organisation as to how best deal with the costs and risks that such requests can involve.
There will be an in-depth look at how to deal with subject access requests which are tied to employment or customer disputes and how best to resolve them to a satisfactory outcome for all.
The course is designed for HR and employment law practitioners seeking to better understand how to put in place effective and compliant subject access handling procedures as well as legal teams charged with dealing with contentious subject access requests where business risk and/or litigation is contemplated.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is a Subject Access Request?
- Procedural requirements
- How to conduct an effective search for information forming the subject matter of the request
- Defining 'Personal Data' which forms the subject matter of a SAR
- Working Party
- ICO Guidance
- Case law update
- Are opinions personal data
- Applying exemptions effectively
- Dealing with vexatious and tactical requests in the litigation/employment context
- How to engage with the ICO when a SAR is referred to them
- GDPR and SARs - What next?
- Recent cases
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme