Debt Recovery & Enforcement - How to Ensure Success
Obtaining a county court judgment against a debtor is all well and good, however turning that judgment into actual cash can sometimes prove to be more of a tricky process. In addition, the litigation process itself can be both time and cost consuming, so why invest such resources without knowing that you or your client will make good on the investment?
This new virtual classroom seminar will look at the steps that can be taken to ensure you are in the best possible position to ensure successful enforcement and recovery.
Does a debtor have the means to pay their debt; be that immediately or over a period of time? Do they have the ability to pay but are simply ignoring you; hiding assets; or failing to interact? How can you spot the differences between these types of debtors and use this to your advantage?
The session will also look at the methods available to carry out your own assessment of both personal and business debtors, and the enforcement methods that work best in each case.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How to distinguish between ‘can’t pay’ and ‘won’t pay’ debtors
- Searches and investigative techniques to uncover information about your debtors
- What should be done before resorting to legal action?
- Knowing the correct approach to take and which approach is most effective for your business
- The protocols that must be followed when dealing with individual debtors
- Pre-action protocol for debt recovery claims
- Practice direction - Pre-action conduct and protocols of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Repayment plans, the pros and cons
- How to deal with debtor disputes
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.