Brexit & IP Rights - What Next?
One of the many areas on which Brexit has had an impact is intellectual property rights, particularly the pan-EU rights such as EU trade marks and community designs, as well as parallel importation.
This live broadcast session will look at the implications of the EU : UK trade deal, and an update on the impact of Brexit, on intellectual property rights, how the measures put in place to protect IP rights holders have worked out, and what further steps IP rights holders should still take.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following in the context of Brexit, amongst other issues:
- An overview of the IP provisions of the UK:EU trade deal
- An overview and update on the protection of trade marks and registered and unregistered designs
- The impact on copyright and database rights
- An update on parallel importation and the exhaustion of rights
- An update on oppositions, cancellations and enforcement
- Customs and counterfeits - what changes?
- An overview of the UK geographical indications scheme
- Contracts - what to consider and include
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.