Conveyancing Comprehensive Update 2020
Concentrating on changes over the last 12 months, this seminar is ideal for the busy conveyancer; it is very practical and relevant to your day-to-day practice.
Some of the changes are small and could easily 'sneak up on you'.
As a busy conveyancer you need to keep up-to-date with changes in practice as well as changes in the law. Take a day out to pick up the latest news on other practical matters; the good news as well as the bad news.
What You Will Learn
The seminar will be constantly updated through the year but is likely to include:
- SDLT update, including First Time Buyer relief, applying for a refund, non-residential purchases
- Capital Gains Tax payable on sale - the pending rule changes
- Property fraud
- Lessons to be learned from judicial guidance
- What questions do you need to ask, if any?
- The latest professional obligations (including those in the 2019 Code for Completion) and guidance on money laundering
- The Law Society’s 2019 update to the Conveyancing Protocol
- The amended questions in the 2020 edition of form TA6, including on Japanese knotweed
- Updated Law Society guidance on flood risk
- Recent cases on practical aspects of conveyancing including:
- Rights of way
- Restrictive covenants
- Japanese knotweed
- NHBC claims and retaining walls
- Sales by charity
- Undue influence
- Long leases: Escalating rents - are you a conveyancer or a valuer?
- Selective updates to Land Registry Practice Guides
- New rules on pre-commencement conditions and the proposed New Homes Ombudsman
- Proposed abolition of assured shorthold tenancies
- The latest on rentcharges
- Update on Selective Licensing
- Small sewage discharge to a surface water
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme