Inside a Hedge Fund - Who, What & How?
Hedge funds are amongst the most high-maintenance and complicated of a professional firm’s clients. Do you understand what your hedge fund clients do and the markets in which they operate?
Using examples and cases you will develop a practical sense of what exactly ‘hedgies’ do, how they are supported by prime brokers, fund accountants, custodians and so on, and the clients they target.
This course is suitable for legal and accounting professionals and those who work in areas which support the hedge fund industry.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is a hedge fund?
- Objectives - absolute returns and reduction of investor risk
- How is it different to an ordinary fund?
- What are the main types of hedge fund?
- Key regulations including AIFMD
- How hedge funds are set up
- Supporting the hedge funds - key advisers and outsourced functions
- Hedge fund clients and reporting
- Funds of funds and due diligence
- Jargon busting quiz - high water marks, gating, algo-based trading
- Lessons from recent hedge fund collapses
- Key trends for the future
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme