Hoarding & Mental Health - A Guide for Housing Lawyers
This 1 hour webinar will explore the intricate interwoven relationship between mental health and hoarding.
Hoarding will be put into context so that the provisions in the Care Act 2014 and the Equality Act 2010, amongst other statutory provisions, can be properly considered.
It is the perfect opportunity to understand how to carry out an eviction and what the pitfalls are when there is a tenant suffering from a relevant mental illness. It will also explore what safeguards are in place or to be aware of when considering or defending any action brought against someone who is hoarding.
This webinar is a must for local authorities, housing associations, landlords and those who represent vulnerable tenants.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is Hoarding?
- Mental illness
- Difference between hoarding and collecting
- Consequences of Hoarding
- Housing eviction and/or an injunction?
- Anti-social behaviour, breach of the tenancy and is the Equality Act 2010 triggered if a public body?
- Care Act 2014 assessment and safeguarding enquiries
- Other Provisions and Safeguards
This webinar was recorded on 20th August 2019