Risk Management, Claims & Complaints - A Guide For Law Firms
Aimed at fee earners in solicitors’ practices, this webinar will identify the hidden costs of claims and offer practical guidance regarding the difference between complaints and claims, how to deal with them and why it matters.
The webinar will also discuss common problems and traps that can arise during the course of a matter and how to prevent them.
By the end of this webinar, you should have an enhanced awareness of the need to manage risk and have plenty of tips to help you prevent common causes of problems in your daily work.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Why is risk management important for an individual in a firm - what is the impact of a claim or complaint being made that involves you?
- The hidden cost of claims
- The difference between a claim and complaint - it is not always easy to spot!
- How can you take steps to prevent a claim or complaint happening?
- What to do when a claim or complaint arises
- Engagement letter issues - steps to take to prevent problems arising in relation to the retainer
- Other common problems that can arise, and top tips to help you prevent them
- Recent Law Society guidance
This webinar was recorded on 6th October 2021
at your organisation