Modern Slavery Compliance - Corporate Reporting Obligations Explained
The Modern Slavery Act was implemented in the UK in March 2015.
The Act sets out a number of requirements for companies falling within its ambit, the most important of those being the obligation to produce a yearly Modern Slavery Statement. Currently, the sanctions for non-compliance are, in general, purely reputational. However, there is an increasing expectation as to adherence, and much of the current debate around the topic is focused on how to further incentivise correct behaviour.
Aimed at larger businesses, this webinar clarifies the key steps for businesses to take in relation to modern slavery, considers how best to deal with the obligations involved, and looks ahead to future potential developments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Modern slavery - where are we now?
- Criticisms of current approach
- Themes and market practice
- Modern Slavery Statements
- A reminder of the concept
- Other reasons to tackle modern slavery issues
- Issues arising out of actions businesses can take
- Policies and procedures - what will these achieve?
- Due diligence - how does this relate to other due diligence?
- Targeted risk management - should methodologies be used?
- Audits - pros/cons
- Key performance indicators - restrictive and problematic?
- Modern slavery training - who and what?
- Future direction of travel