Consumer Credit Regulation - A Round-Up of Recent Developments
This webinar will consider the most recent developments in the rapidly changing field of consumer credit regulation from the UK courts, regulators and legislators that impact on consumer finance businesses. It will help you to respond to the compliance challenges this raises whilst maintaining profitability.
The webinar is aimed at those working in a legal, compliance, regulatory, collections or risk function in retail banks, consumer finance companies, brokers, debt buyers or sellers or those advising in private practice.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The EU Credit Servicers Directive and what this will mean for those buying and selling consumer debt portfolios
- How limitation of court claims fits in with the rules on service of default notices
- How the new FCA rules on Claims Management Companies will benefit consumer finance providers
- The approach the courts and tribunals are taking when confronted with issues of enforceability on consumer debts
- Resolving issues where a portfolio of consumer credit agreements have been sold
- Where the line is being drawn in unfair contract terms in consumer finance agreements
- The latest from the courts on interpreting ‘unfair relationships’ in business and consumer lending
- The treatment of hire purchase transactions for VAT purposes
- Payment protection insurance and remediation following Plevin and the new FCA rules