ePrivacy & GDPR - What’s Happening?
Since its original publication in January 2017, the European Commission has published several draft tests of its draft regulation on privacy and electronic communications which intends to repeal Directive 2002/58/EC (‘the ePrivacy Directive’).
This live broadcast session will provide an update on ePrivacy, explore the latest key issues of the regulation and consider its interrelationship with the GDPR in a pragmatic way, applied to the business context.
The session will explore current trends in ePrivacy practices, having the opportunity to discuss and reflect on observations by the regulator, your own experiences and the speaker’s expert knowledge of implementing cookies, marketing and tracking strategies.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive course will cover the following:
- The current ePrivacy Directive
- The draft ePrivacy regulation and the relationship with the GDPR
- Effects of changes to the law to:
- Effects on profiling and analytics activities
- Erasure and anonymisation requirements for core analytic activity
- Compliance with enhanced data minimisation requirements
- Interactive sessions on what to consider when drafting privacy and cookies policies
- The effect of Brexit and the transition period on applicability
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.